Tuesday 30 September 2014

Morata: Madrid didn't believe in me.

Morata: Madrid didn't believe in me

The young attacker has no regrets over his decision to leave Madrid for Juve and is looking forward to the Champions League game with Atletico Madrid.

Alvaro Morata has revealed that he decided to leave Real Madrid for Juventus this summer because he felt Carlo Ancelotti did not believe in him.
The Spain Under-21 international made 23 La Liga appearances for Madrid in 2013-14, but featured from the start on just three occasions, much to his own frustration.
"My departure from Real Madrid was a complex situation," Morata told Onda Cero.
"I wanted to feel important at Madrid and I hoped that the coach would have faith in me.
"But there were five or six options ahead of me in attack."
The 21-year-old added that he's happy with life at his current club and is looking forward to his return to Madrid as Juventus take on Atletico in the Champions League on Wednesday.
"I’m very happy here at Juventus, with the club and with life in general. It is what I expected. I knew Juventus were one of Europe’s biggest clubs and the biggest in Italy.
"The match versus Atletico’s going to be a difficult game in a fantastic competition.
"We know Atleti are one of Europe’s strongest teams and although we expect a tough game we are going to the Calderon with the intention of securing maximum points."

No comments:

Post a Comment