Thursday 11 September 2014

Welbeck insists he can be Arsenal's main man following Man Utd move.

Welbeck insists he can be Arsenal's main man following Man Utd move

The England international, who scored both goals in the Three Lions' 2-0 win over Switzerland, is keen to prove his critics wrong this season.

Danny Welbeck insists he believes in his ability to be Arsenal’s main man as he prepares to make his debut for the north Londoners.

Welbeck completed a €20 million move to the Emirates from Manchester United on transfer deadline day and is expected to go straight into the starting XI for the Gunners’ clash with Manchester City this weekend.

The England international warmed up for his bow with a brace against Switzerland earlier this week and has now insisted that he will find his shooting boots for his new club, despite scoring just nine Premier League goals for United last season.

“It is well known I prefer to play through the middle so when I get my opportunity I just want to show what I can do,” Welbeck is quoted as saying by The Guardian. “Once I get into the box and am getting the chances, I have got faith in my ability.

“Before, I wasn’t getting into the box because I wasn’t playing too much as a striker [for club or country], and I had to worry about my defensive work.”

Welbeck also hit back at those who have criticised his scoring record and insists that he simply needs a run of games as a centre-forward in order to prove his worth.

“Listen, anyone can say what they want to say but I just know once I get the opportunity and a run of games up front, I will do my best,” he added. “That’s definitely what I need.”

No comments:

Post a Comment