Thursday 18 September 2014

I'm out to repay Van Gaal, says Di Maria.

I'm out to repay Van Gaal, says Di Maria

The Argentina international midfielder says that the manager was a huge draw in his decision to move to Manchester United and backs compatriot Marcos Rojo to excel.

Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria is keen to repay the faith shown in him by manager Louis van Gaal.

The Dutchman splashed a British-record €75 million to sign the 26-year-old from Real Madrid this summer, with his investment already showing some returns.

Di Maria scored and registered an assist in United's first win of the season against QPR on Sunday and says that the chance to work with the Red Devils boss was too good to turn down.

"Van Gaal was really important for me, in order to come here," Di Maria told Perform.

"[He] was one of the first [people] who spoke about bringing me here. The coach always has the last word about the players he wants.

"I am really grateful to him because, thanks [to] him, I am now playing for United.

"I keep trying to improve every day and for that reason I wanted to come here to United. I needed to change my life. I will try my best to play the right way. I will try my best every match and show my arrival at Old Trafford was worthy.

"Manchester United are trying to grow," he added.

"We already know we didn't start the Premier [League] in the right way [but] those things always happen in football."

Di Maria's fellow Argentina international, Marcos Rojo, also joined United over the summer, acquired from Sporting Lisbon, and the midfielder expects him to excel.

"Marcos Rojo [has] shown at the World Cup [that] he is capable," said Di Maria.

"He did really well there and he deserved to come here. Hopefully he will be able to improve every day as he did at the World Cup and he will bring a lot of good things to United."

No comments:

Post a Comment