Friday 3 October 2014

Asamoah Gyan sees straight red card, accuses opponent of racial abuse


FBL-ASIA-C1-AL AIN-AL HILALIt’s been a rough go of it lately for Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan.
Just last week the Al Ain striker was forced to hold a press conference to deny murdering his friend, rapper Castro, while today he accuses an opponent of racial abuse following a straight red card he received for a brutal tackle.
With 20 minutes remaining in an Asian Champions League semi-final second leg against Al Hilal, Gyan took down Salem Al-Dawsari from behind with a scissoring challenge. Al-Dawsari’s teammate, Romanian Pintilii, immediately ran over to confront Gyan and a melee ensued.
As shown in the gif below, Gyan’s tackle was deserved of the straight red card he received.
But Gyan alleges that Pintilii came in with some choice language. “He [Pintilii] said an abusive word,” said Gyan after the match. “The player has no right to tell me what he did. He said something to me which made me upset. He knows what he said, you can ask him. He knows what he said.”
Gyan then took to Twitter to explain “it happened” with a link to an article claiming he suffered “racist abuse”.
Al Ain are expected to launch a formal complaint to the Asian Football Confederation.
As for his tackle and the sending, Gyan wasn’t bothered by it. “I must confess it was a harsh tackle. But in my mind I did not go for the player, I just went in strong for the ball,” added Gyan. “I am a professional. The referee took his decision. It is football so I cannot complain. I lost my head a bit, but life goes on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment